I feel I just won a jack pot with this ridiculous dessert. Major life hack. Creamy, dreamy, refreshing, cold dessert, perfect for summer get togethers, outdoor BBQs, perfect for the little ones, just perfect all around.
We’ve had a couple of really warm days here in Perth. Warm days invite cooling treats and this is THE BEST. And so so ridiculously easy that I’m sure I’m not the first to think of it. Nevertheless, I feel it’s my duty to spread the nana love.
I love nice cream in summer, in all possible shapes, colours and flavors. If you’ve made nice cream before, am sure you know how quick and easy it is to prepare (and eat). This little dessert is even easier because there’s no blending required. Just slice and dice, freeze, add toppings and eat straight from freezer.
I personally LOVE the chocolate and hazelnut combo pictured here. But this recipe lends itself to the imagination – delicious with anything and everything. And yes, you could blend the bananas first, then freeze them in ice pop moulds, then dip them in chocolate and crushed hazelnuts. Or just eat them straight up like me.
Hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
Choc hazelnut frozen banana
- 3 bananas, halved lengthwise
- 2 Loving Earth chocolates (I used the Salted Caramel one and the Nutty Mr Maple which is salted almond and maple)
- a handful of roasted hazelnuts, crumbled
- Slice the bananas and freeze them on a chopping board lined with baking paper.
- When bananas are frozen, melt 2/3 of the chocolates and drizzle on top of the bananas.
- Chop the leftover chocolate and add on top of bananas with the roasted hazelnuts.
- Enjoy immediately and greatly!