Just when I thought bananas cannot get any better, I go and pair them with salted caramel and whip up this tart. I am in love. It is my new favorite thing. There might have been moaning with the first bite.
This tart is the perfect combination of ridiculously creamy, melt-in-the-mouth filling & gooey, sticky crust. The crunchy hazelnuts on top and the chocolate just make it 10,000 better.
There’s honestly nothing more I can say about this. It’s epic. It’s rich. It’s GOOD. It needs to be in your belly.
PS: I know there’s no actual salted caramel in this. But trust me, combine banana with coconut sugar and a generous pinch of salt and you will be in salted caramel heaven.
Banana and salted caramel tart
Ingredients for crust
- 200g dates
- 100g coconut chips
- 2 TBSP mesquite powder
- pinch salt
Ingredients for filling
- 3 ripe bananas
- 90g coconut sugar
- 50g melted coconut oil
- 50g cashews
- good pinch salt
TOPPINGS: handful hazelnuts (some whole, some crushed), 1 Loving Earth choc bar of your choosing (half chopped, half melted), peanut butter (I also ‘happened’ to have some raw caramel sauce and raw vegan nutella sauce which I used).
- Add the ingredients for the crust to a food processor and blitz until you get a crumbly, sticky mix.
- Press this into a cake pan.
- Add the ingredients for the filling to a blender or food processor and blitz until creamy and soft and delicious. Scoop onto the cake base.
- Add all the toppings and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Slice and enjoy!
- This will keep well in the fridge for 2-3 days. Or you know, you can freeze it in case of future cravings and emergencies.